Monday, June 8, 2009

Press, Publicity, and a New Painting

I have a nice little mention in an article in the Boise Weekly about art collecting.  The article has a shot of one of my pieces too!
 
The Walls of Perception 
Boise lawyers learn the art of collecting

Spink and Butler stand before a large oil and alkyd on board by Wyoming artist Matt Flint. The painting, entitled Dust, is their most recent acquisition. It employs abstracted plants and animals to suggest isolation and transformation. It offers a dream-like landscape of the artist's imagination.

"I like the texture and the colors," Spink says. "The techniques Flint uses, like scratching the surface, make it moody. When I look at Matt's work, I wonder what he's thinking about."

Read the whole article at:
http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/the-walls-of-perception/Content?oid=1062267



Artists Who Teach ad
To Appear in the August edition of American Style Magazine
I marked my piece with a red dot.  Second from the left on the top row is work by fellow Wyoming artist Connie Norman.






















Below is a brand new piece available at Lyndsay McCandless Contemporary.

Wanderers
Oil, Alkyd, & Pencil On Canvas
2009

1 comment:

Connie Norman said...

Hey Matt, Thanks for mentioning me in your post. Wyoming Artists Represent!!