Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring=Busy

Spring seems to be coming quite quickly. I just took up cross country skate skiing this year and I am not ready for the snow to melt yet!

Here are some exciting things that are happening in and out of the studio:

I am preparing for a June show at Lyndsay McCandless Contemporary in Jackson, WY.

I have work in three different charity/fundraiser events around the state this spring: Postcards from the Wild West at the Nicolaysen Museum of Art, Casper, WY......Empty Bowls Project (to help fight hunger) in Cheyenne, WY....and the Who Dunnit Show? at the Jackson Hole Art Center.

I also have two University show possibilities coming up soon and have applied for a handful of fellowships/awards/grants/juried type opportunities.

At any given time I am working on 8-15 paintings at a time. Right now I have 13 in various stages of completion.

If you have a few minutes check out this video of a lecture given at TED by Sir Ken Robinson
entitled "Do Schools Kill Creativity?" http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/66



In the Studio


In the Studio, Work in Progress


Some Newer Work

No comments: